Perfect for warm nights.
Makes: 1 quart
Time: 4 hours
- 7 ounces sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups mango, pureed (roughly 2–3 mangoes, depending on the size)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed sweet lime juice (regular limes if you can’t find sweet limes)
- 1 1/2 cups very cold whole milk
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the milk and process until the sugar is dissolved, approximately 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and whisk in the milk.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator until the mixture reaches 40 degrees F or below, approximately 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process until it is the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
- Serve now or transfer to a lidded container and place in the freezer until firm, approximately 3 hours.